Outlook Web App is the webmail service part of Microsoft Exchange server and also serves as a webmail client Microsoft Office 365. Like some of other Microsoft products, Outlook Web App has recently been re – branded with the new name and prior to that was called Exchange web Connect and then Outlook Web Access.
Email Outlook Web App
The primary use of this web mail client by Microsoft, is to provide an easy means for users to connect their email accounts via a web browser, without having to install the program Microsoft Outlook. Outlook Web App or OWA has been equipped with the features for managing calendars, contacts, tasks, various types of documents and other mailbox content. While Microsoft Outlook also offers similar features and can be used in the offline mode, it is compulsory to have an internet connection to use OWA as the exchange server for users to work with features provided by Microsoft, that includes email, calendars, etc. OWA is also used as a part of Microsoft Office 365.
First launched with Exchange 2000, Outlook web App was offered with two options premium and Light – also referred as Lite, with the latter containing reduced functions. Until 2010, Outlook Web App was browser restricted and only supported Internet Explorer, but in the recent years the program has been upgraded and is fully functional with other browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Apple Safari too.
Outlook web App has been constantly updated over the years and has renowned itself to serve as one of the most advanced web applications using Ajax technology. The competition is remarkably fierce with many other companies like Google hosting the similar service with its Google Apps suite and Yahoo with its Business mail option. Outlook web App has also managed to shine bright against the locally installed alternatives to Exchange server such as Zimbra, Kolab, Zarafa etc. While the Outlook Web App has proven to be extremely useful, it requires the network administrator’s permission to be enabled. Usually the web address of Outlook Web app is in the form https://<domainname>/OWA. eg: www.companyname.com/owa.
It is easy to check your email on the go with the lates inventions of Hotmail mobile app. It is easy to download teh Hotmail app for Android, iPhone and iPad and Windoiws phones. You should keep in mind that MSN messenger has merged with Hotmail and become as Outlook.com.
As microsoft owns all the MSN, Hotmail and Outlook, you can still access this with your old Hotmail email account.
• Seamless inbox management with a focused inbox that displays your most important messages first, swipe gestures and smart filters.
• Easy access to calendar and files right from your inbox.
• Features to work on the go, like Word, Excel and PowerPoint integrations.
Adding multiple accounts to the App:
It’s easy to add any email address to the integrated Outlook app on Windows 10 phones
- Open Outlook Mail.
- Tap the ‘…’, then Settings.
- Tap Manage Accounts.
- + Add Account.
Key features of Hotmail Mobile App for Android Devices:
- – With push email get messages on your phone
- – Sync calendar and contacts
- – View folders and sub folders in Hotmail
- – Send pictures from the phone using Hotmail
- – Multiple Hotmail accounts
- – Send, receive and view attachments
Outlook.com replaced Hotmail in 2013 and now features a metro design interface. Everything in terms of services remains same with outlook.com. Users with existing hotmail email ID can log in with outlook.com without any hassle. The domain www.hotmail.com simply directs the page to the Outlook interface, same as www.outlook.com. Outlook.com is the third effort from Microsoft to re–brand Hotmail. While, we don’t know whether it will be re – branded with some other name in the future, the features remain similar to hotmail, which include email, attach files, free unlimited storage, integration with calendar, Skype, OneDrive and People.Here is a simple step by step instruction on Outlook.com login.
- First of all, open your web browser and go to outlook.com or www.hotmail.com.
- Once you are on the page, at the right hand side of the screen, you will be able to see the log in box. Fill in your existing Email address and password in the designated empty spaces and click on sign in.
- The next page will display your Inbox and you can manage your email account.
For the new users, who are seeking to register a new Outlook mail account, follow these steps.
- In the address bar of your web browser, type hotmail.com or www.outlook.com.
- The next page will display the login page of Outlook.com.
- At the right bottom of the page, you will see “Sign up Now”. Click on the link.
- A page containing an online registration form will be displayed. Here, fill in your personal information such as; first and last name, date of birth, country name and other details which will be used to set up your profile for your outlook.com mailing account.
- You can choose the domain of your email address to be either @hotmail.com or @outlook.com. Both of which is same, and won’t make any differences in terms of the services provided by Microsoft for all the account holders.
- Click on Create account. Follow the simple guidelines provided by the next page, you might need to make a few clicks here and there in the process. You will have your new email account in no time and you will be able to access all the services provided to the account holders.
If you have a hotmail.com account, you can still access it through Outlook.com. With a free hotmail address, you will be able to get lots of different features from Calendars, Social networking, Office Online to One-drive cloud storage. You can access www.hotmail.com through web browser as well as many applications from computers, and mobile devices. Microsoft Outlook is available for computers, and to use hotmail in mobile devices, you can install different official and even third party apps.
In this hotmail sign in article, you will be familiar with these features of hotmail and hotmail sign in –
- With live, you can organize your emails more easily with Sweep. It helps you to file or delete hundreds of emails from your inbox and with the settings adjusted you can automatically delete or keep email out of your inbox with Sweep.
- Hotmail has been integrated with Skype so you can now update your hotmail contacts to Skype and stay connected with your friends and family.
- You can stay up to date easily with your hotmail calendar accessible from your inbox.
- Hotmail provides you with Free Office Online so that you can open and edit your Microsoft office files right from your inbox for free. And the interesting part there’s no need for you or those you share your file with to install Office and your formatting remains intact.
To use all these features of Hotmail, you just need hotmail sign in. Here are simple steps you need to follow for hotmail sign in:
- Go to www.hotmail.com in your web browser.
- Enter your hotmail account into the “Microsoft account” input field.
- Enter your password.
- If you are using a personal device, you can leave the “Keep me signed in” checked which makes your next hotmail login easier. Next time when you open the Hotmail web address; you won’t have to add your email address and password again for hotmail sign in.
- Finally, click the blue “Sign in” button and you can get starts with Hotmail.
Hotmail login support has changed to Outlook.com. However, you can still get in touch with Outlook.com support. Certainly, in a way very comparable to how contacting Windows Live Hotmail support worked.
Some ways to contact Hotmail Login Support
- Check Windows Live Hotmails status for existing issues.
- Microsoft may by now be conscious of a problem with Windows Live Hotmail and working on a declaration.
- Go to the Windows Live Hotmail forum on Microsoft Answers.
- Click Sign in in the top right corner if you are not yet signed into Microsoft Answers.
- If you are not logged in to your Windows Live Hotmail account:
- Enter your Windows Live Hotmail address under Windows Live ID
- Type your Windows Live Hotmail password under Password
- Click Sign in. If you cannot sign in to your Windows Live Hotmail account, you can try to recuperate your password or create a new, temporary, Windows Live account.
- If you have not created a Microsoft Answers profile yet:
- Enter the name you want to appear with your posts in the Windows Live Hotmail forum under Display Name.
- Type your Windows Live Hotmail address (or another address where you want to receive optional notifications of replies to your question) under Email address
- Make sure I accept the Answers Code of Conduct is checked after you have read and accepted the code.
- Click Sign Up or if you have any problems, you can follow these create hotmail account steps.
- Click Ask a question.
- Type the caption of your question — ideally a short summary — under Post your question to the community.
- Click Ask.
- Look under before you post your question tab to see potentially helpful answers to similar questions.
- Fill in your problem and question under Details.
- Include as much information as possible. If something comes to mind (a change at your internet service providers network infrastructure, for example, or a web site that prompted you to install a program) and you think it must be insignificant, do list it.
Find more details about hotmail mobile app