Outlook.com replaced Hotmail in 2013 and now features a metro design interface. Everything in terms of services remains same with outlook.com. Users with existing hotmail email ID can log in with outlook.com without any hassle. The domain www.hotmail.com simply directs the page to the Outlook interface, same as www.outlook.com. Outlook.com is the third effort from Microsoft to re–brand Hotmail. While, we don’t know whether it will be re – branded with some other name in the future, the features remain similar to hotmail, which include email, attach files, free unlimited storage, integration with calendar, Skype, OneDrive and People.Here is a simple step by step instruction on Outlook.com login.
- First of all, open your web browser and go to outlook.com or www.hotmail.com.
- Once you are on the page, at the right hand side of the screen, you will be able to see the log in box. Fill in your existing Email address and password in the designated empty spaces and click on sign in.
- The next page will display your Inbox and you can manage your email account.
For the new users, who are seeking to register a new Outlook mail account, follow these steps.
- In the address bar of your web browser, type hotmail.com or www.outlook.com.
- The next page will display the login page of Outlook.com.
- At the right bottom of the page, you will see “Sign up Now”. Click on the link.
- A page containing an online registration form will be displayed. Here, fill in your personal information such as; first and last name, date of birth, country name and other details which will be used to set up your profile for your outlook.com mailing account.
- You can choose the domain of your email address to be either @hotmail.com or @outlook.com. Both of which is same, and won’t make any differences in terms of the services provided by Microsoft for all the account holders.
- Click on Create account. Follow the simple guidelines provided by the next page, you might need to make a few clicks here and there in the process. You will have your new email account in no time and you will be able to access all the services provided to the account holders.