Hotmail Stopped Working. Why?
Hotmail.com is a free of cost web mail service offered by Microsoft. Hotmail has been now replaced with Outlook.com and features a Metro Design language interface similar to Microsoft outlook. However, all the previous services of hotmail remain same with Outlook, and users don’t even have to change the domain of their email id @hotmail.com. While hotmail offers a wide variety of services ranging from, emails, attachments, sharing photos, integration with Calendar, OneDrive, Skype and so on, it is no good if your hotmail suddenly crashes or stops working or Hotmail stopped working in your computer. Here are few tips on how to solve some of the basic problems on Hotmail.
- First thing you should do is, check that if your internet connection is working smoothly.
- If you can open the login page for your hotmail account, make sure that the email ID and password you have entered is correct. Also, check to see that the Capslock button on your keyboard is turned off, as passwords are case – sensitive.
- If you have lost your password or feel that your account might have been compromised, reset your password with Microsoft provided “Can’t access my account” feature on the log in page.
- If you are not being able to log in or hotmail account suddenly freezes after you have logged in, the problem might also be with your browser. Delete all the cache data and cookies from your browser and restart it.
- If you are using your hotmail with the mobile client for email, make sure that the app you are using is up to date. If not, download the latest version of the app from the application store of your device.
- If the app is showing signs of lags, uninstall the app and restart it again.
- If the internal storage of your device is full, certain apps might malfunction. Clear unnecessary data (Cache data and cookies) and remove useless applications.
- If your problem with the hotmail account is that you do not receive any emails, both in inbox and junk folders, this might have been caused due to the internal storage of your device being full, or your “sent” folders is at its maximum. This problem has been seen especially in Samsung and sony users. Emails tend to duplicate each time the app syncs with some devices. Clear your duplicate emails. Also, there is no point in saving hundreds of emails, just for the sake of it. This will also cause your email client to show signs of lags and might stop functioning.