Hotmail is a free email service powered by Microsoft. Hotmail users need to sign into their account in order to receive or send emails.
Hotmail users use their username and password manually to login to hotmail accounts each time and this article explain this process in detail. When you begin a Hotmail account you will receive to some Hotmail sign in page. To the left hand side of this page, you will be able to view certain information regarding Hotmail accounts and sign up. To the right you will be having your Sign in textboxes, buttons and checkboxes.
Hotmail Sign In
- Hotmail sign in page contains a field called Sign In text box. Adjacent to this field you should enter your username or your email address. Next, there will be a blank slot meant for password.
- Next, you have the option of asking the browser to remember the details you have entered. There will be a field known as “remember me on this computer” along with a checkbox. If you wish to login automatically every time you open this Hotmail sign in page then you should click on this checkbox and activate the option.
- When you activate this option, the system will create a cookie that contains your email address. However, this option will be available only when you are using the same browser.
- Hotmail sign in also has an option that allows the browser to remember their password. On the sign in page you will be having an option called “remember my password”. You should click on the checkbox near this option in order to activate it. This will allow the user to automatically log into their account. Whenever you open hotmail.com, it would automatically log in and open your inbox.
- It is important to realize that the browser would remember the password only if you had turned on the option for it to remember your username or the email address.
- Hotmail email settings offer the users with certain default security options. If you feel that your email sign in needs a more secure setting, you should enter the enhanced setting option provided in the email.
- You should click on the option “use enhanced security”. When this setting is on, the Hotmail would make use of an encrypted page during the process of logging in. However, once the user has logged in the entire interface would switch back to normal settings. When hotmail makes use of enhanced settings, the address bar would change its colors.
- In the year 2013, Hotmail was converted into Outlook mail. When you visit hotmail.com it would automatically take you to Outlook sign in login page (tips to hotmail login click here). You can use your same hotmail ID to sign into Outlook. Its Sign in page is quite similar to Hotmail. You have to enter your email address and password and then you have the option of asking the browser to keep you signed in. If you click on this checkbox and activate the option, it would automatically log in your account whenever you start your system. The page also provides the option of signing in with a single-use code.